Monday 14 January 2008

Fun at BETT

Last week I went to the BETT exhibition for a day, accompanied by Nick, our Network Manager. Between us we spent a fair amount of time being excited by things, a bit of time sneering and a bit of time grumbling at someone from PfS who wasn't hugely receptive (all we want is for it to be less painful for other schools).

You've probably realised through my posts that BSF has caused me innumerable mood swings that aren't attributable in any way to my time of life. I veer from excitement to despair to blind panic to boredom, passing most moods in between. BETT mostly made me feel pretty excited again. Our idea is that during the decant phase we put something new and a bit experimental into each temporary room, the idea being that:

a) It's something to sweeten the pill of moving.
b) We won't put stuff that doesn't work/people don't like into the finished classrooms.

We found a good few exciting bits and bobs, some of which are even RM products. We found:

We also got oranges with the BBC logo branded onto them, but I don't expect we'll get them under BSF. Anyway, as you can probably tell it all made me feel that there might be some fun to be had. I think we've got enough bits and pieces in mind now to put something new into most rooms. Let's hope MPB and RM are up for it, and we've got freedom to drop in a few bits and pieces of our choice without being contractually constrained.

As an aside Nick saw something that actually made him grin very broadly and literally jump for joy. I'm not a teccy, but basically it was like a giant i-phone whiteboard but PC based. He says no-one can have one in the school until the existing whiteboards collapse with exhaustion, though, and that's probably going to be quite some time yet, but it's something to look forward to.

Meeting Count 2/11/07 - 17/01/08 Forty-one - they've started back in earnest

No comments: