Monday 24 December 2007

Brussel Sprouts Forever

A few people, my long-suffering husband included, have hinted that I use the Festive Break to completely get away from BSF. I couldn't resist bringing the decant and phasing plans home in case I need something to fill an idle moment. I've also purchased a book called "The Honeywood File" as suggested by a comment contributing parent on this page, which I plan to read. I think I'll conceal it in a copy of Heat, so no-one knows what I'm really doing. I suspect hauling the family off to look at fine examples of core-ten will be a step too far, though, although if we do happen to go to Marylebone High Street, I don't see any harm in us accidentally wandering past the school at the top of the road that uses it. I'll withhold the post I was going to write on the PfS commissioned independent report on BSF until the New Year, and hope I don't accidentally do it when filled with a bit too much festive cheer.

One of my colleagues suggested in my Christmas Card that, for the next few days only, BSF should stand for Brussel Sprouts Forever. Alternatives I've thought of include:

Being Santa's Friend
Big Snow Flurries
Bloomin' Seasonal Festivities
Being Seen by Family
Blasted Stocking Fillers

I'm sure I could come up with a few more, but I think that's quite sad enough already. I'm off to peel potatoes.

No comments: